Why is it called French knitting?
The yarn trailing down through the hole is given a tug to draw the knitted braid down through it. The cords so produced where used as piping to edge dresses. This is also refered to as French Knitting. (In Germany they’re called Nahliesle.)
How do you French knit with your fingers?
Finger “French Knitting”
- grab a ball of yarns, your fingers 😉 with no ring.
- Make a loop. …
- Hold the loop with your left thumb and middle finger. …
- Grab the yarn coming from the ball.
- Pull this loop through.
- Pull both ends with your left hand to make a knot..
- Here is your first stitch.
- Place it on your left thumb.